School Mission and Aims
Through stimulating academic study and the encouragement of creativity and independent thought, Oxford High School aims to provide an excellent and distinctive education in all spheres for its students.
This will enable each individual to find fulfilment during their school life, to feel valued, to be sensitive and tolerant towards others, to develop talents, to grow in integrity and responsibility, and ultimately to face the challenge of adult life with justifiable self confidence.
We aim to deliver an education consistent with our Mission Statement which will
- challenge and engage the minds of pupils and foster a lifetime of curiosity, independent thinking and creativity
- provide an enjoyable, excellent and stimulating academic education which meets the needs of individual pupils, and enables them to realise their potential, regardless of background
- offer a wide range of life enhancing and stimulating extra-curricular activities to enrich pupils’ experience
- provide the highest quality teaching and support
- provide for the welfare and health and safety of all who attend and work here
- help raise self-esteem by celebrating achievement and effort and providing opportunities for pupils to make positive contributions
- promote sound personal values such as respect and awareness of the needs of others
- promote awareness and understanding of the diverse and challenging world in which we live
- prepare our pupils to be successful and fulfilled in life after school